This is my second year living alone, all by myself. When I first decided to live alone, I was little bit sceptical with myself, scared also. I always have someone or friends to help me do things or going somewhere, so living alone gonna be hard for me, or at least thats what I thought.
Little bit I know, I DO enjoy living all by myself. It is good when one or two friends come to visit, having cups of coffee but hell yeah, I am totally enjoying the moments with my ownself. It teaches me hell lots of things, from taking my own time finishing my meals to changing the bulb.
BENEFITS OF LIVING ALONE
- Since there is no one to talk to, I often find me talking to my ownself which is good for me to connect deeper with myself. I know myself better, I realise what I like or hate better. I can have whole day connecting to my old soul.
- I can have anyone that I want to come over at anytime I want. True as fuck! Since I do not have to actually considered either my roommates/housemates feel comfortable or not, or whether they can get along or not. Make some noise~ and no housemates will yell at you, except for your neighbours.
- I can let the place as mess as my heart desires to. I also can clean it at my own times, no nagging no angry remarks from others. I can even decor it the way I want. Believe me, I got Luhan’s and Xiumin’s photos everywhere. Bless my soul.
- Being content alone with myself. Now, I can go to cafes alone and actually enjoy my coffees while catching up with my books, or just ‘people-watching’.
- I become more independant. I can go anywhere without waiting for a friend to free her times to accompany me. I can change the light bulb without being a maiden in distress.
- I learnt to take care of myself better since I cant afford to get sick, shit theres no one to look after me at home. I do not prefer people see my ‘sick’ face. I look like I just climbed up the pithell.
- In a way, I start to eat healthily and exercise more. I learn to prepare my own meals. I cook my meals yo! Which is in fact healthier than eating outside. To make it better, it saves money. I become better and better in cooking (so wifey materials…hahaha) and yes, I can cook meals based on my own tastes and flavours.
- Taking care of bills and doing (and actually sticks to) the grocery lists. I learn how to save up the energy usage so I wont get the heart attack when paying the bills.
Hmm… Whats else… The most important one is I can watch any TV programmes without someone judges my choices. Thats mean, if I want to do Luhan’s or Xiumin’s whole day, no one..and I mean NO one will know.
But again, I should get married. Wait, what? Haha…